Inspired by the beauty of the Lackawanna River Heritage Trail in Archbald, PA, where she runs, Jeannine wrote the story of Wartz And All about a frog named Wartz, who loves to keep hopping ahead of his friends along the trail. Jeannine was thrilled to collaborate with Clarks Summit illustrator Mindy Mendicino who drew the illustrations for her first book, “He’s Not Prince Charming When…,” a humor book for adult audiences.
Wartz and his cast of critter friends have adventures in the forest, along the river and in their favorite pond. They sometimes fight but they learn to accept each other’s differences and like one another with … their warts and all. Jeannine hopes that children will not only benefit from the lesson Wartz and his friends learn, but also get inspired to spend time outdoors appreciating natural beauty and the fun of hopping around.
Buy your copy of Wartz And All here or hop to one of these great locations to get your copy in person:
- The Fanciful Fox, Adams Avenue in downtown Scranton
- Cloe & Company on State Street in Clarks Summit
- Why Not Designs on Sanderson Avenue in Scranton
- Lackawanna County Convention & Visitors Bureau on Montage Mountain in Moosic
- Anthracite Museum Gift Shop at McDade Park in Scranton
- Everhart Museum Gift Shop at Nay Aug Park in Scranton
The book Wartz And All was made possible in part by a 2012 Lackawanna County Community Arts and Culture grant, a program of Lackawanna County Commissioners Jim Wansacz, Corey D. O’Brien and Patrick M. O’Malley.